Got four inches taken off! Love my haircut. Makes my head feel so much lighter.
I have a similar, uncontrollable, thick, wavy mess and I was wondering how you keep it under control? Like what anti-frizz products do you use idk just how do you manage it because I'm seriously fed-up with my thick, coarse, very wavy hair
I don’t really use any products, except for It’s A Ten Miracle Styling Serum. I guess I’ve just learned a few rules to dealing with coarse, wavy hair.
- Do not overwash! I get SO dry if I wash my hair too much. But since I am also on the oily side, I use dry shampoo on my roots. I shower every day, but I only wash my hair every 2 days. It’s so much easier to maintain that way.
- Try to stay away from heat! At least, for my hair, heat really disturbs it and makes me frizz out, even with a good heat protecting spray or serum. I wash my hair at night, sleep with it secured up and on a silk pillow case to keep from getting staticy.
- Do NOT brush when it’s not wet. That’s… just a dumb idea overall, which you probably know if you have wavy, thick hair.
- My hair gets weighed down by too many products, so I keep it simple. Sometimes I’ll add a bit of styling mouse or that serum I mentioned, but that’s about it. My curls/waves look horrible if I add too much of anything.
- When I go to bed at night, keeping my hair in a nice, secure bun keeps my waves from being frizzy the next day! Same would work with a braid etc.
I hope this helps.